High School Hoops Preview - Game of the Week Woodward Academy vs Forest Park
1. Forest Park Panthers vs Woodward Academy War Eagles– The Lady Panthers of Forest Park will host Woodward Academy in a region matchup in which both teams will enter with no region losses so the winner will take sole possession of first place in the standings and the loser will slide into second in front of Jonesboro. Woodward is currently riding a five game win streak, while Forest Park bounced back from their loss on Saturday to Westlake with a win over Drew on Tuesday.The game will also feature several of Georgia’s top ranked girls basketball players in Woodward’s Sydney Bowles, who is ranked No. 25 in ESPN’s 100 girls basketball 2022 recruits, and Forest Park’s Sania Feagin, a South Carolina Gamecock signee.
2. Newnan Cougars vs Campbell Spartans – The Spartans will head into Saturday’s match up with Newnan looking to sweep the season series as they defeated the Cougars last Friday 58-23. With the win, the Spartans will improve to 2-0 in the region standings and will extend their current win streak to seven in a row. Meanwhile the Cougars will be looking to secure their first region win and avoid the season series sweep and keep from falling more than a game back of first place.
3. Douglas County Tigers vs Rome Wolves – Rome looks to bounce back from their loss to region leader Carrollton on Tuesday and avoid falling to 4-3 in the standings. Meanwhile, Douglas County can extend their current win streak to six in a row with the win and improve to 7-2 in the region standings as well as keep pace with Carrollton who will be in action against Paulding County on Friday.
1. Woodward Academy War Eagles ve Forest Park Panthers – The War Eagles and the Panthers will each enter the game with only one region loss and trailing region leader Tri Cities, who has handed each team their only region losses. The War Eagles are also looking to rebound from their loss on Saturday to McEachern in a non region match up while Forest Park has won their last two match ups since losing to Tri Cities last Tuesday. The winner will take sole possession of second place in the region standings.
2. Pebblebrook Falcons vs Newnan Cougars – The Falcons have been flying high this season as they currently sit at 16-2 overall and sit in first place in the region standings with a 3-0 record. The Falcons have also won their last six games. Overall, Newnan has been having a pretty good season with a 13-4 overall all record, but sit at 0-2 in the region standings. A win for the Cougars is almost a must have in order to keep from dropping three games behind the Falcons in the standings. Newnan has dropped three of their last four games but did pick up a non-region win over New Manchester on Tuesday.
South Gwinnett Comets vs Grayson Rams – Last season Georgia High School Association 7A runner-ups, the Grayson Rams have shown they are still a force to be reckoned with this season sitting at 15-3 overall and 2-0 in the region standings. The Rams are on their longest win streak of the season, which sits at seven games in a row including their last two games which were the first two games of region play for the Rams. The Comets have been having a pretty good season as well at 9-2 and 1-1 in the region standings. South Gwinnett is coming off their region loss to Parkview on last Friday and will need to pick up the win to avoid falling two games behind the Rams, who maintain first place in the region.