High School Hoops Big 3 Preview - Game of the Week Marietta Lady Blue Devils vs Walton Lady Raiders
1. McEachern will host Newnan and look to improve to 3-0 in the region, while Newnan looks to secure their first region win of the season. For McEachern, the win will also mean keeping pace with or possible taking a one game lead over Campbell, who is also currently unbeaten in region play and will be in action on Saturday when they face Newnan.
2. Marietta will host Walton in a region match up. Marietta can improve to 6-1 in the region and keep pace with region leader North Paulding. The Blue Devils fell to North Paulding last Tuesday, 57-48 and will have their shot at redemption when the two teams meet again on next Friday, February 5th. Meanwhile, Walton looks to pick up their second region win of the season.
3. Rockdale County looks to improve to 7-0 and maintain first in their region when they face Alcovy, who can notch their second region win of the season with the win. Rockdale currently holds a one game lead over Grovetown, who they defeated 68-51 two weeks ago.
1. Eagle's Landing takes on Dutchtown, the defending GHSA 5A state champs, in a battle for first place. If Eagle's Landing can secure the win, they will maintain first and move two games ahead of Dutchtown. And if Dutchtown can pick up the win, the two teams would be tied for first as they will have split the season series.
2. Berkmar will host Dunwoody and look to improve to 8-1 in the region standings to keep pace with Norcross, who defeated Berkmar 63-57 last Tuesday. And a win for Dunwoody would give them their second region win of the season.
3. (Saturday) New Manchester will face Chapel Hill in a big region match up for first place. If New Manchester gets the win, they will maintain first and move a game ahead of Chapel Hill in the standings. And if Chapel Hill gets the win, they will move into first a game ahead of New Manchester.