Georgia High School Hoops Weekend Preview - Top Ranked Teams In Action
1. No. 2 Grayson will host Newton in the first region match up of the season. Grayson is currently on a five game winning streak, while Newton looks to bounce back from their loss to McEachern this past weekend.
2. No. 7 Sandy Creek looks to improve to 3-0 in region play when they take on the Douglas Astros who are looking to secure their first region win of the season.
3. No. 5 Wheeler will host Osbourne in a region match up. Wheeler looks to improve to 6-1 in the region standings and keep pace with region leader Kell.
4. No. 4 McEachern will travel to East Coweta to take on the Indians as both teams open up region play. The Indians had their nine game win streak snapped by Grayson back on December 30 but have since won two in a row. Meanwhile, EC is riding a three game win streak.
5. No. 8 Eagle’s Landing is set to host region opponent, Stockbridge, and looks to improve to 13-1 on the season and 6-0 in the region standings. Stockbridge looks to end their two game skid and notch their second region win of the season.
1. No. 2 and three time defending state champs, Westlake will travel to Lakeside and look to improve 8-0 overall and 3-0 in the region standings. Westlake also looks to keep their steak of wins over Georgia opponents going. Almost 100 consecutive wins over teams from Georgia.
2. No. 1 Collins Hill will look to improve to 13-0 when they face No. 8 Hebron Christian, who heads into the game with a 9-2 record, in a non-region match up. The Lions are currently on a three game winning streak.
3. No. 5 Campbell will host Newnan in the first region game of the season for both teams and look to extend their current win streak to five straight and improve to 7-1 overall.
4. No. St. Francis will clash with No. 14 Mount Paran Christian on Saturday. The Knights look to improve to 9-1 and pick up their fourth consecutive win. The Eagles are also looking for their fourth straight win and look to improve to 13-2 on the season. This match up also features two of Georgia’s top ranked girls basketball recruits, Mia Moore for St. Francis and Kara Dunn for MPC.
5. In a non-region match up on Saturday, we have a battle of champions as the four time defending GHSA 5A state champs, No. 3 Buford will take on defending 3A champs Greater Atlanta Christian. The Wolves will be coming off their Friday night region match up with Central Gwinnett and the Spartans will be looking for their fifth straight win after dropping their three games of the season.